Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
McConnellsburg in Fulton County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Fulton County

 
 
Fulton County Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., May 21, 2009
1. Fulton County Marker
Inscription. Formed April 19, 1850 out of Bedford County. Named for steamboat inventor Robert Fulton. Scene of Confederacy's first casualties in the Gettysburg Campaign, and its last campsite (1864) in Pennsylvania. McConnellsburg, county seat, incorporated 1814
 
Erected 1981 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
 
Location. 39° 56.044′ N, 77° 59.916′ W. Marker is in McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Market Street and 2nd Street (U.S. 522), on the right when traveling west on Market Street. Click for map. Marker is on the grounds of the Fulton County Courthouse, just west of the main entrance. Marker is in this post office area: Mc Connellsburg PA 17233, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fulton County Veterans Memorial (here, next to this marker); Fulton County World War II, Korea, and Vietnam Memorial (here, next to this marker); Fulton County War on Terrorism Memorial (here, next to this marker); Fulton County Civil War, Spanish-American War, and World War I Memorial (a few steps from this marker); George Diven
Fulton County Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., May 21, 2009
2. Fulton County Marker
War memorials to right. Bandstand in far background.
(about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Changing Main Street (about 500 feet away); Traveling the Lincoln Highway (about 600 feet away); a different marker also named Changing Main Street (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in McConnellsburg.
 
Also see . . .  County of Fulton, PA. Official Website (Submitted on July 19, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.) 
 
Categories. GovernmentPolitical SubdivisionsWar, US Civil
 
Fulton County Courthouse Dedication Stone Over Entrance image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., May 21, 2009
3. Fulton County Courthouse Dedication Stone Over Entrance
Bandstand on Courthouse Grounds image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., May 21, 2009
4. Bandstand on Courthouse Grounds
Bandstand Sponsor Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., May 21, 2009
5. Bandstand Sponsor Marker
Donated by Citizens of Fulton County through the efforts of John H. Enck, 1962.
Bandstand Sponsor Marker image. Click for full size.
By William Fischer, Jr., May 21, 2009
6. Bandstand Sponsor Marker
Donated by Margaret E. Troestschel in memory of William T. Troetschel, 1962.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 682 times since then and 79 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement