Marietta in Washington County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Marking a Place in History with Service Since 1921
Erected by The Rotary Club of Marietta.
Location. 39° 25.298′ N, 81° 27.708′ W. Marker is in Marietta, Ohio, in Washington County. Click for map. Marker is on the west grounds of the Campus Martius Museum (601 Second Street), along St. Clair Street. Marker is in this post office area: Marietta OH 45750, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The American Union Lodge No. 1 Free and Accepted Masons (within shouting distance of this marker); The Northwest Ordinance, 1787 / The Ohio Company Purchase (within shouting distance of this marker); Campus Martius (within shouting distance of this marker); Merydith House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Steam Towboat "W. P. Snyder, Jr." (about 400 feet away); Pioneer Families of the Ohio Company Mighty River / Learning the River (about 600 feet away); River Town / Sails and Steam / The Highway West (about 600 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Marietta.
Also see . . . The Campus Martius Museum. Location of the Land Office and Marker. (Submitted on June 29, 2009.)
Categories. • Government • Heroes • Military • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 547 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.