Vienna in Fairfax County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
First Court House of Fairfax County
stood the First Court House
of Fairfax County
Built in 1742
because Indian hostilities
Erected by Fairfax County Chapter, Daughters of the American Revoluition.
Location. 38° 54.998′ N, 77° 14.25′ W. Marker is in Vienna, Virginia, in Fairfax County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Courthouse Road (County Route 677) and Chain Bridge Road (Virginia Highway 123), on the right when traveling west on Old Courthouse Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Vienna VA 22182, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Freedom Hill Redoubt (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Great Falls Line (approx. 1.3 miles away); Civil War Action at Vienna (approx. 1.5 miles away); Electric Trains on the W&OD (approx. 1.6 miles away); On June 17, 1861 (approx. 1.6 miles away); Odrick’s Corner (approx. 1.7 miles away); Freeman Store and Museum (approx. 1.8 miles away); Vienna Centennial Park (approx. 1.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Vienna.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Government • Native Americans •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,437 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.