Cleveland in Greenville County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Raven Cliﬀ Falls
This beautiful falls has been preserved and protected by the Mills and Moore Families for several generations and was acquired in 1981 from James P. Moore and Otis P. Moore for the benefit of the citizens of South Carolina.
Location. 35° 6.503′ N, 82° 39.55′ W. Marker is in Cleveland, South Carolina, in Greenville County. Marker can be reached from Geer Highway. Click for map. Marker is on the gounds of Caesars Head State Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8155 Geer Highway, Cleveland SC 29635, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Point of View (approx. 1.5 miles away); Tommy Wyche (approx. 1.5 miles away); Welcome to Caesars Head State Park (approx. 1.8 miles away); North Carolina / South Carolina (approx. 1.9 miles away in North Carolina); Beliefs Set in Stone (approx. 5.4 miles away); The Civilian Conservation Corps (approx. 5.8 miles away); Parkitecture (approx. 5.9 miles away); a different marker also named Civilian Conservation Corps (approx. 5.9 miles away); A CCC Classic (approx. 5.9 miles away); Table Rock State Park (approx. 6.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Cleveland.
Also see . . .
1. Caesars Head State Park. (Submitted on June 28, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
2. Raven Cliff Falls. Raven Cliff Falls is the king of South Carolina waterfalls at an estimated 420 feet. Matthews Creek plunges off Raven Cliff Mountain at the Blue Ridge Escarpment near Caesars Head. (Submitted on June 28, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
3. Waterfalls Trail: Raven Cliff Falls. For all the scenic waterfalls in South Carolina, only a few qualify for postcard status, and Raven Cliff Falls is one of them. (Submitted on June 28, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
4. Raven Cliff Falls (South Carolina). Raven Cliff Falls is the tallest waterfall in South Carolina. Found on Matthews Creek in Caesars Head State Park, the waterfall is typically described as having a 400 foot drop. (Submitted on June 28, 2009, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
5. Raven Cliff Falls. This video was taken standing on the swinging suspension bridge over Raven Cliff Falls. (Submitted on October 17, 2010, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Natural Features • Natural Resources • Notable Places • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,520 times since then and 74 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.