Port Jervis in Orange County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Hudson Canal, 1828 – 1898.
Carried bulk of New York
City’s coal. Construction
Engineer, John B. Jervis.
Erected by City of Port Jervis.
Location. 41° 22.697′ N, 74° 41.416′ W. Marker is in Port Jervis, New York, in Orange County. Marker is at the intersection of W Main Street (New York State Route 97) and Canal Street, on the right when traveling west on W Main Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Port Jervis NY 12771, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Crane House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Oldest Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Banach Olympic Circle (approx. ¼ mile away); Port Jervis (approx. 0.3 miles away); Tow Path (approx. 0.4 miles away); Toll House (approx. half a mile away); Old Mine Road (approx. half a mile away); Fort Decker (approx. 0.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Port Jervis.
Also see . . . Delaware & Hudson Canal. National Park Service website. (Submitted on July 5, 2009, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 590 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.