Hanley Falls in Yellow Medicine County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
The Hanley Falls Railroad “Y”
This facility made possible the transferring of rail cars from one line to the other, for the benefit of railroad patrons, and was the first such transfer in the United States. It is known locally as the railroad “Y”.
Erected 1976 by Yellow Medicine County Historical Society.
Location. 44° 41.59′ N, 95° 37.304′ W. Marker is in Hanley Falls, Minnesota, in Yellow Medicine County. Marker is at the intersection of 3rd Avenue West and 3rd Street North on 3rd Avenue West. Click for map. Next to BN track, north end of town, just south of the old C&NW bridge. Marker is in this post office area: Hanley Falls MN 56245, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ancient Exposed Rocks (approx. 8.5 miles away); World's Oldest Rock (approx. 8.5 miles away); School Bell (approx. 8.5 miles away); Henry Hill 1829-1879 (approx. 8.5 miles away); A Witness to Time (approx. 9.1 miles away); Wood Lake Battlefield State Monument (approx. 9.2 miles away); The Wood Lake Battle (approx. 9.2 miles away).
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by James Burt of Eden Prairie, United States. This page has been viewed 1,316 times since then and 21 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on , by James Burt of Eden Prairie, United States. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.