“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Lutherville in Baltimore County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)

“The Valley of Jehosophat”

“The Valley of Jehosophat” Marker image. Click for full size.
By Beverly Pfingsten, 08-12-2007
1. “The Valley of Jehosophat” Marker
Inscription. Patented to Richard Smith, Jr. 10th August 1684 for 2500 acres. Daniel Dulaney acquired 1250 acres of this tract 19th November 1724, after which it was called “Dulaney’s Valley.”
Erected by Maryland Historical Trust & Maryland State Highway Administration.
Location. 39° 27.123′ N, 76° 35.553′ W. Marker is near Lutherville, Maryland, in Baltimore County. Marker is on Dulaney Valley Road 0.2 miles north of Surrey Road, on the right. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lutherville Timonium MD 21093, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Northampton Furnace (approx. 0.8 miles away); “The Eagle’s Nest” (approx. 1.6 miles away); Third and Last County Almshouse (approx. 2 miles away); The Lower House (approx. 2.2 miles away); The View from Below (approx. 2.2 miles away); Quarters #2 & 3 (approx. 2.2 miles away); Corn Culture (approx. 2.2 miles away); A Slave Village (approx. 2.2 miles away).
More about this marker. This marker replaced another one with identical text, erected by the Maryland State Roads Commission, in 1937.
Categories. Colonial EraNotable Persons
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,716 times since then and 146 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on , by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement