Hiram in Paulding County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Henry Lester House
At this time, Hardee’s troops formed the left flank of Johnston’s army.
Enroute back to Dallas, Cleburne’s div. of the corps detoured N. from here to the George Darby house (near Macland Rd.) where it halted until ordered forward to New Hope Church that night.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 110-21.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 53.489′ N, 84° 45.349′ W. Marker is in Hiram, Georgia, in Paulding County. Marker is at the intersection of Jimmy Lee Smith Parkway (U.S. 278) and Hiram-Douglasville Highway (Georgia Route 92), on the right when traveling east on Jimmy Lee Smith Parkway. Click for map. The marker is at the southwest corner of the intersection, at the edge of a restaurant parking lot. Marker is in this post office area: Hiram GA 30141, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 The Hiram Rosenwald School (approx. 0.8 miles away); George Darby House Cleburne’s H’dq’rs. (approx. one mile away); Site: Colley House Hood’s H’dq’rs (approx. 1.3 miles away); Polk’s Corps at Dallas and New Hope Church (approx. 1.8 miles away); Site: Robertson House (approx. 1.8 miles away); Hardee's Corps at Powder Springs (approx. 3.6 miles away); Confederate Line (approx. 4 miles away); Johnston's Headquarters (approx. 4.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Hiram.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 831 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.