Saint Marys in Camden County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
First Presbyterian Church
Incorporated under the name of the Independent Presbyterian Church of St. Marys Dec. 20, 1828. On Dec. 5, 1832, the Independent Church was incorporated as the First Presbyterian Church of St. Marys in the Georgia Presbytery.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 020-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 30° 43.503′ N, 81° 32.86′ W. Marker is in Saint Marys, Georgia, in Camden County. Marker is on Osborne Street (Georgia Route 40) 0 miles north of West Conyers Street, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. The marker, which faces on Osborne Street, is at the church, which faces on West Conyers Street. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 West Conyers Street, Saint Marys GA 31558, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Washington Pump & Oak (within shouting distance of this marker); George Washington Oak Tree Site (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Marys Methodist Church Established 1799-1800 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); City of St. Marys (about 400 feet away); Spanish Occupation of Georgia (about 400 feet away); First Pecan Trees Grown Here About 1840 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Point Peter (approx. 2.8 miles away); Point Peter Battery and the War of 1812 (approx. 2.9 miles away).
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 877 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.