Bartow in Jefferson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Savannah Road
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 81-9.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 51.66′ N, 82° 28.741′ W. Marker is in Bartow, Georgia, in Jefferson County. Marker is on U.S. 319 near Kindon Road, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bartow GA 30413, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Spier's Turnout (approx. 1.3 miles away); Site of Fort Wood (approx. 1.3 miles away); General Wood's Fort Old Sunbury Road (approx. 3.3 miles away); a different marker also named Old Sunbury Road (approx. 4.1 miles away); The 20th Corps (approx. 4.3 miles away); Historic Highways (approx. 5.6 miles away); Claxton Historic Burial Site (approx. 6.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Bartow.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 635 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.