Riddleville in Washington County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 150-10.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 52.365′ N, 82° 34.513′ W. Marker is in Riddleville, Georgia, in Washington County. Marker is on Bartow Road (Georgia Route 242 at milepost 19), 0 miles west of Dublin Bartow Road, on the right when traveling east. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bartow GA 30413, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Sunbury Road (approx. 5.2 miles away); Old Savannah Road (approx. 5.6 miles away); Claxton Historic Burial Site (approx. 5.8 miles away); Riddleville (approx. 5.8 miles away); Site of Fort Wood (approx. 5.9 miles away); Spier's Turnout (approx. 5.9 miles away); a different marker also named Old Sunbury Road (approx. 5.9 miles away); General Wood's Fort (approx. 7.5 miles away).
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 636 times since then and 19 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?