Jesup in Wayne County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 151-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 36.261′ N, 81° 52.805′ W. Marker is in Jesup, Georgia, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of North Brunswick Street and East Walnut Street, on the right when traveling south on North Brunswick Street. Click for map. The marker is located on the lawn of the Wayne County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 174 North Brunswick Street, Jesup GA 31546, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured Wayne County Revolutionary War Memorial (here, next to this marker); Alexander Jackson Gordon (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Doctortown (approx. 4.2 miles away); The Defense of the Altamaha Bridge (approx. 6.3 miles away); Franklinia Altamaha (approx. 6.4 miles away); Long County Timeline Mural (approx. 10.8 miles away); Long County (approx. 10.8 miles away); Historic Roads And Indian Trails (approx. 11 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Jesup.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 825 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.