Jackson in Butts County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 018-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 17.663′ N, 83° 58.028′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Georgia, in Butts County. Marker is at the intersection of West 3rd Street (U.S. 23) and Oak Street, on the right when traveling west on West 3rd Street. Click for map. The marker is at the edge of the lawn of the Butts County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Jackson GA 30233, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies The Right Wing at Jackson (a few steps from this marker); Crossing the Ocmulgee (within shouting distance of this marker); Butts County Confederate Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Iron Springs (approx. 3.5 miles away); Indian Spring (approx. 4.2 miles away); Sherman’s Right At Indian Springs (approx. 4.2 miles away); McIntosh House (approx. 4.3 miles away); Home of Robert Grier (approx. 4.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Jackson.
Categories. • Government • Native Americans • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 916 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.