Franklin Springs in Franklin County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Historical Franklin Springs
Their home was erected in the late 1800ís of hand-hewn, pegged timbers. It was enlarged in F. M. Britton, a pioneer minister, then occupied in 1941 by the Turner Family, upon their return from India, until August 1984.
Adjacent to this property is the site of the No. 2. Hotel. South of this site stood Hotel No. 1, and the Skating Rink, all of the original Franklin Springs purchased by the church in 1919 and on which Emmanuel College now stands.
Location. 34° 17′ N, 83° 8.855′ W. Marker is in Franklin Springs, Georgia, in Franklin County. Marker is on Spring Street 0 miles south of West Main Street (U.S. 29), on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Franklin Springs GA 30639, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Original Site and Portions (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Historical Franklin Springs (about 700 feet away); The Franklin Springs (approx. 0.2 miles away); Tyrus Raymond Cobb (approx. 1.6 miles away); Ty Cobb (approx. 1.6 miles away); Royston, GA / U.S. Bicentennial Monument (approx. 1.6 miles away); Dr. Stewart D. Brown, Sr. (approx. 2 miles away); Poplar Springs Methodist Camp Ground (approx. 3.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Franklin Springs.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Education •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 735 times since then and 3 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?