Johnstown in Cambria County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. John Cathedral
The present church, a block from the original site, was completed in 1896 and is one of Johnstown's earliest examples of the use of structural steel in building.
Location. 40° 19.517′ N, 78° 54.926′ W. Marker is in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, in Cambria County. Marker is at the intersection of Clinton Street and Locust Street, on the right when traveling north on Clinton Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 117 Clinton Street, Johnstown PA 15901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sgt. John T. Boxler (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Greater Johnstown Flood Victims (about 700 feet away); Johnstown Veterans and War Memorial Tribune Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Joseph Johns (approx. 0.2 miles away); Central Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Grand Army of the Republic Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1936 Greater Johnstown Flood Victims (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Johnstown.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Disasters • Notable Buildings • Notable Events •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 914 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.