Roswell in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Old Bricks
They served briefly as a hospital for wounded Federal soldiers in 1864.
The Roswell Library Association was formed in 1955 to purchase, preserve and restore this building; to provide at the same time ample library facilities for the community.
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 060-120.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 0.92′ N, 84° 21.682′ W. Marker is in Roswell, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is at the intersection of Sloan Street and Mill Street, on the right when traveling east on Sloan Street. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Roswell GA 30075, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Roswell Factory (a few steps from this marker); Bulloch Hall (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Barrington Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Roswell Presbyterian Church Roswell’s Distinguished Men (approx. 0.3 miles away); Founders' Cemetery (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Archibald Smith Plantation Home, Outbuildings and Grounds (approx. 0.6 miles away); Francis Robert Goulding (approx. 0.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Roswell.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Industry & Commerce • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,063 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.