Virginia City in Storey County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Captain Edward Faris Storey
1829 – 1860
Erected 1930 by Free and Accepted Masons.
Location. 39° 18.96′ N, 119° 38.49′ W. Marker is in Virginia City, Nevada, in Storey County. Marker can be reached from Cemetery Road. Click for map. Gravesite and marker are located in the Masonic Cemetery at the Comstock Cemetery. Monument can be seen on top of the hill looking east from entrance gate. Marker is in this post office area: Virginia City NV 89440, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Pearson (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Silver Terrace Cemeteries (approx. 0.3 miles away); Life in Virginia City on the Comstock Lode (approx. 0.3 miles away); Veterans Day November 11th 1995 (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Comstock Lode (approx. 0.3 miles away); Consolidated Virginia & California Pan Mill (approx. 0.4 miles away); V & T, 1869 - 1950 (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Big Bonanza (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Virginia City.
Regarding Captain Edward Faris Storey. Captain Storey was born
Also see . . . Nevada Then and Now. A Pahrump Valley Gazette Article from October 21, 1999 reporting a story about the monument at the gravesite of Captain Edward Storey and a short history of his life. Captain Storey was originally buried at the Spanish Graveyard in Ophir Ravine. His body was later moved to a cemetery near the Brunswick Lode. Then finally on June 24, 1872 he was re-interred in the Masonic Cemetery in Virginia City. (Submitted on August 29, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Military • Notable Persons • Notable Places •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 1,279 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.