Greenville in Meriwether County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Noted Indian Trail
White traders began using this trail in the early 1700s. In time the route became a noted pioneer trace and eventually a leading stage road.
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 099-2.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 1.708′ N, 84° 42.822′ W. Marker is in Greenville, Georgia, in Meriwether County. Marker is at the intersection of Greenville Street (Georgia Route 109) and Roosevelt Highway (U.S. 27), on the right when traveling east on Greenville Street. Click for map. The marker is located opposite the Courthouse square. Marker is in this post office area: Greenville GA 30222, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Meriwether County (about 300 feet away, measured in a Noted Indian Trail (approx. 8.7 miles away); Red Oak Creek Covered Bridge (approx. 9.4 miles away); Warm Springs Treatment Pools (approx. 9.5 miles away); Franklin D. Roosevelt (approx. 9.6 miles away); Georgia Warm Springs Foundation (approx. 9.6 miles away); Old Depot Site Warm Springs (approx. 9.7 miles away); The Little White House (approx. 10.3 miles away).
Categories. • Colonial Era • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 796 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.