Warm Springs in Meriwether County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Depot Site Warm Springs
A personal interest in the after treatment of infantile paralysis led him, in 1924, to the thermal springs at Pine Mtn., the helpful aid of which inspired him to establish the Georgia Warm Springs Foundation to combat infantile paralysis on a national level.
During his presidency of the United States, his Georgia home was the Little White House where he departed this life, April 12, 1945.
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 099-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 53.424′ N, 84° 40.857′ W. Marker is in Warm Springs, Georgia, in Meriwether County. Marker is at the intersection of White House Parkway (Georgia Route 85) and Spring Street (U.S. 27), on the right when traveling north on White House Parkway. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Warm Springs GA 31830, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Georgia Warm Springs Foundation (approx. 0.4 miles away); Franklin D. Roosevelt (approx. 0.4 miles away); Warm Springs Treatment Pools (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Little White House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Franklin Delano Roosevelt (approx. 0.7 miles away); Roosevelt Farm (approx. 2.9 miles away); Longleaf Pine Planting (approx. 3.1 miles away); Dowdell's Knob (approx. 4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Warm Springs.
Categories. • 20th Century • Government • Politics • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 902 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.