Kennesaw in Cobb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The camp closed in the late fall of 1861 but reopened in 1862 and 1863 to train more troops for the Confederacy. Sham battles and parades here attracted large and appreciative audiences.
Erected 1953 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 033-35B.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 1.094′ N, 84° 37.137′ W. Marker is in Kennesaw, Georgia, in Cobb County. Marker is on Cobb Parkway NW (U.S. 41) 0 miles north of Dobbs Drive, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2655 Cobb Parkway NW, Kennesaw GA 30152, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Big Shanty (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Andrews Raid (approx. 0.4 miles away); Site - Lacy Hotel (approx. 0.4 miles away); Stewart's Corps at Big Shanty Federal Occupation of Big Shanty (approx. 0.4 miles away); The General (approx. half a mile away); Locomotive "General" (approx. half a mile away); William A. Fuller (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Kennesaw.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,462 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.