Cordesville in Berkeley County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Location. 33° 6.893′ N, 79° 56.643′ W. Marker is in Cordesville, South Carolina, in Berkeley County. Marker is on Dr. Evans Road (State Road 8-44), on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Located just south of Mepkin Abbey Road. Marker is in this post office area: Cordesville SC 29434, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Strawberry Chapel (approx. 1.5 miles away); Francis Marion (approx. 3.6 miles away); Mulberry Plantation (approx. 4.7 miles away); Lewisfield Plantation (approx. 5.5 miles away); St. James, Goose Creek Chapel of Ease / Bethlehem Baptist Church (approx. 5.6 miles away); Stony Landing House Wadboo Barony (approx. 5.6 miles away); Wadboo Barony: Francis Marionís Last Headquarters (approx. 5.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Cordesville.
Also see . . .
1. Mepkin Plantation and The Henry Laurens Family. In 1762, John Colleton, Esquire, sold the 3,000 acre Mepkin Plantation to Henry Laurens. (Submitted on October 11, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
2. South Carolina Plantations. Mepkin Plantation – Moncks Corner – Berkeley County (Submitted on October 11, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
3. Touring South Carolina's Revolutionary War Sites By Daniel W. Barefoot, page 41. Henry and Clare Boothe Luce, publishers of Time and Life Magazines, aquired the estate in 1936. (Submitted on October 11, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,203 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.