“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Round Rock in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)

Andrew J. Palm House

Andrew J. Palm House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
1. Andrew J. Palm House Marker
Inscription. With his mother and brothers, Andrew J. Palm (1839–1928) migrated to Texas from Sweden in 1853. They settled about three miles north of Round Rock at Palm Valley, where Palm built this residence about 1873. He purchased the land from Swedish immigration agent S. M. Swenson. Palm hauled cypress and pine from Austin to construct the house. Here he and his wife Carolina (Nelson) (1851–1929) raised their eight children. The structure was moved to Round Rock in 1976.

There is a separate memorial marker (see below picture) in front of the house that actually refers to the adjacent brick building. It reads:
In memory
Dr. Dick Bolling Gregg
21 June 1894 - 18 May 1963
"In this day of specialties within specialties, the day of the doctor who is a General Practitioner may be fast passing. But if the General Practitioner is passing, the Country Doctor - Family Doctor - General Practitioner, who devotes his entire career to one community, is practically unknown today. Such a doctor, however was Dick Bolling Gregg."

"One who was so much a part of the lives of all of us here in round Rock, one who for so many years devoted his precious time and energy to his community, much of it in the red brick building located to the left of this marker .... and one who was cherieshed and loved by
Andrew J. Palm House image. Click for full size.
By Jared Stump, November 8, 2005
2. Andrew J. Palm House
all his friends, neighbors, and fellow citizens, and who helped to mold our little town of Round Rock into the growing community it is today .... our own beloved, Dr. D. B. Gregg."
Erected 1978 by The Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9316.)
Location. 30° 30.541′ N, 97° 40.637′ W. Marker is in Round Rock, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on East Main Avenue near North Lampasas Street. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 208 E Main Ave, Round Rock TX 78664, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Early Commercial Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Broom Factory Building (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Otto Reinke Building (about 500 feet away); Sam Bass' Death Site (about 600 feet away); Nelson-Crier House (about 600 feet away); A. J. and Carolina Anderson House (approx. mile away); Olson House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Trinity Lutheran College (approx. half a mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Round Rock.
Categories. Notable Buildings
Dr. Dick Bolling Gregg Memorial Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, December 27, 2009
3. Dr. Dick Bolling Gregg Memorial Marker
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,182 times since then and 59 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.   2. submitted on , by Matt Gholson of Houston, Texas.   3. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement