Lawrenceville in Gwinnett County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Lawrenceville Female Seminary
Lawrenceville Lodge 131, Free and Accepted Masons used the second story of the building for meetings for more than a century. The Seminary Building has had a variety of tenants and performed many functions but it remains today very much like it was originally.
Erected 1974 by Georgia Department of Natural Resources. (Marker Number 067-6.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 57.148′ N, 83° 59.345′ W. Marker is in Lawrenceville, Georgia, in Gwinnett County. Marker is on South Perry Street (Georgia Route 20) 0 miles south of Don's Way SW, on the left when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 455 South Perry Street, Lawrenceville GA 30046, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Watering Trough 1873 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Birthplace of Bill Arp (approx. 0.3 miles away); Gwinnett County (approx. 0.3 miles away); Button Gwinnett (approx. 0.3 miles away); Memorial to the Fallen of 1836 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Garrard’s Cavalry Raid (approx. 0.3 miles away); In Tribute to Ezzard Charles (approx. 0.3 miles away); Confederate Veterans of Gwinnett County, Georgia (approx. 0.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lawrenceville.
Also see . . . Gwinnett History Museum. The Female Seminary now houses the Gwinnett History Museum. (Submitted on October 24, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Entertainment • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,309 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.