Manassas, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Katie Hooe House & Tudor Hall
—A New Village —
Just east of this spot stood the early 19th century farm dwelling Tudor Hall, (later structure pictured at right), which gave its name to the train stop and post office established here in 1851 for the Orange & Alexandria Railroad. The name Tudor Hall continued to be used into the early 1860s, and was replaced with Manassas Junction and finally Manassas.
Location. 38° 45.148′ N, 77° 28.103′ W. Marker is in Manassas, Virginia. Marker is at the intersection of Quarry Road and Zebedee Street, on the left when traveling east on Quarry Road. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8920 Quarry Road, Manassas VA 20110, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Steam Locomotive Tire Fire Alarm – 1909 (within shouting distance of this marker); Manassas 1862 (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct Harry J. Parrish (about 800 feet away); a different marker also named Steam Locomotive Tire Fire Alarm – 1909 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wartime Manassas (approx. 0.2 miles away); Manassas Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Manassas 1892 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Manassas 1906 (approx. 0.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Manassas.
Also see . . .
1. National Register of Historic Places Nomination. (PDF) Covers the Old Town Manassas District. The Hooe house is discussed on page 45. (Submitted on October 29, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
2. Katie Hooe House. Older marker that stood at this location. (Submitted on October 29, 2009, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 928 times since then and 80 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.