Coltons Point in St. Mary's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Clement's Island
Erected 1934 by State of Maryland.
Location. 38° 12.509′ N, 76° 44.66′ W. Marker is in Coltons Point, Maryland, in St. Mary's County. Marker can be reached from Point Breeze Road 0.2 miles from Colton Point Road (Maryland Route 242). Click for map. Marker is on St. Clements Island which is only accessibly by boat. A ferry operates on weekends from the St. Clement's Island Museum on Point Breeze Road. Marker is in this post office area: Coltons Point MD 20626, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. "With a laudable and pious zeal..." (a few steps from this marker); Welcome to St. Clement's Island (within shouting distance of this marker); A Target for Big Guns (within shouting distance of this marker); Blackistone Island Lighthouse "...one of the pleasantest summer resorts on the Potomac" (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Shrinking Island (about 600 feet away); Maryland Began Here! (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named Welcome to St. Clement's Island (approx. 0.4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Coltons Point.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era • Notable Events •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 607 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.