Douglas in Coffee County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 034-1A.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 30.513′ N, 82° 51.031′ W. Marker is in Douglas, Georgia, in Coffee County. Marker is on South Peterson Avenue, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Located between West Ward Street (State Road 32W) and West Ashley Street (State Road 32E). Marker is in this post office area: Douglas GA 31533, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies Coffee County (a few steps from this marker); Coffee County Confederate Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Tri - Hi - Y International (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Raymond-Richardson Aviation School (approx. 2 miles away); Sand Hill Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 6.5 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. John Coffee, Wikipedia entry. He and Andrew Jackson had been partners in Nashville merchandising (Submitted on November 9, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
2. New Georgia Encyclopedia - Coffee County. is in the wiregrass region of south central Georgia, so called because of the predominance of wiregrass, which grows among the Georgia pines, especially in the Lower Coastal Plain. (Submitted on November 9, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Notable Persons • Notable Places •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 583 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.