Near Covington in Newton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Red Oak Church
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 107-2.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 26.502′ N, 83° 50.706′ W. Marker is near Covington, Georgia, in Newton County. Marker is at the intersection of Georgia Route 36 and Fincher Circle, on the right when traveling north on State Route 36. Click for map. The marker is at the church and cemetery. Marker is at or near this postal address: 15105 Highway 36, Covington GA 30014, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles Factory Shoals c. 1820 (approx. one mile away); The March to the Sea (approx. 5.7 miles away); Mansfield's Famous Southpaw (approx. 8.3 miles away); Home of Robert Grier (approx. 8.3 miles away); The Old Loyd Place (approx. 10.5 miles away); Confederate Dead & Hospitals (approx. 10.5 miles away); Washington Street School (approx. 10.6 miles away); a different marker also named The March to the Sea (approx. 10.6 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Covington.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches, Etc. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 793 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.