Matamoras in Pike County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Mid – Delaware
bridge erected 1939. Other
bridges destroyed by ice
gorge March 17, 1875 and
flood of October 10, 1903.
Erected 1967 by Legion Post 486 Mt. Prospect Grange.
Location. 41° 22.257′ N, 74° 41.869′ W. Marker is in Matamoras, Pennsylvania, in Pike County. Marker is at the intersection of Pennsylvania Avenue (U.S. 209) and Delaware Drive, on the right when traveling north on Pennsylvania Avenue. Click for map. Marker is on the Pennsylvania Side of the bridge over the Delaware River. Marker is in this post office area: Matamoras PA 18336, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Delaware River (a few steps from this marker); Toll House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line in New York); Old Stone Fort (approx. ¼ mile away); Port Jervis (approx. 0.4 miles away in New York); Banach Olympic Circle (approx. 0.4 miles away in New York); Tow Path (approx. half a mile away in New York); Fort Burned by Indians (approx. 0.6 miles away in New York); Fort Decker (approx. 0.6 miles away in New York). Click for a list of all markers in Matamoras.
Categories. • Bridges & Viaducts •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 545 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.