Newburg in Charles County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Captain James Neale
Member of the Council and Commissioner of his Lordship's Treasury 1643. House built 1661. (Since destroyed).
Erected by State Roads Commission.
Location. 38° 22.633′ N, 76° 57.433′ W. Marker is in Newburg, Maryland, in Charles County. Marker is on Crain Highway (U.S. 301) 0.2 miles south of Rock Point Road (Maryland Route 257), on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Newburg MD 20664, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 300 Year Old Southern Red Oak (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cliffton (approx. 0.4 miles away); Potomac Diversion (approx. 0.6 miles away); John Wilkes Booth (approx. 0.6 miles away); a different marker also named “Cliffton” (approx. 1.4 miles away); Christ Church (approx. 1.9 miles away); Crossing the Potomac (approx. 2.3 miles away); Keechland (approx. 2.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Newburg.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,169 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. 2. submitted on , by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 3. submitted on , by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.