Abbeyfeale in County Limerick, Munster, Ireland — Irish South-West
Thatched Chapel Cross
from thatched chapel
where many generations
of Abbeyfeale people
worshipped until St. Mary's
Church was built in 1846
Erected by Canon James Neville, P.P.
Location. 52° 23.092′ N, 9° 18.111′ W. Marker is in Abbeyfeale, Munster, in County Limerick. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (National Road 21) and The Square, on the left when traveling north on Main Street. Click for map. Abbeyfeale is adjacent to the County Limerick - County Kerry boundary line.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 16 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Reverend William Casey (a few steps from this marker); "River Fort" (approx. 14.2 kilometers away); Maid of Erin (approx. 14.2 kilometers away); Teampaillín Bán (approx. 15.2 kilometers away).
Also see . . . History of the Church in Abbeyfeale. (Submitted on November 22, 2009.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches, Etc. • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on . This page has been viewed 1,199 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on . This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.