Sandersville in Washington County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Governor Thomas W. Hardwick
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 150-9.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 58.99′ N, 82° 48.686′ W. Marker is in Sandersville, Georgia, in Washington County. Marker is on West Haynes Street 0 miles east of Jones Street, on the left when traveling east. Click for map. The marker is located in a median in the parking lot of the Washington County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Sandersville GA 31082, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles Masonic Temple (within shouting distance of this marker); Washington County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Saunder’s Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Rev. J. D. Anthony (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old City Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jefferson Davis (approx. 0.6 miles away); The March to the Sea (approx. 1.7 miles away); Tennille (approx. 3.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Sandersville.
Also see . . . The New Georgia Encyclopedia biography of Hardwick. (Submitted on November 23, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Government • Notable Persons • Politics •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 600 times since then and 66 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.