Sandersville in Washington County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old City Cemetery
Location. 32° 58.904′ N, 82° 48.895′ W. Marker is in Sandersville, Georgia, in Washington County. Marker is on West Church Street (Georgia Route 24) 0 miles west of Virginia Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sandersville GA 31082, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rev. J. D. Anthony (within shouting distance of this marker); Masonic Temple (approx. 0.2 miles away); Governor Thomas W. Hardwick (approx. 0.2 miles away); Saunders Store (approx. ¼ mile away); Washington County Courthouse (approx. ¼ mile away); Jefferson Davis (approx. 0.6 miles away); The March to the Sea (approx. 1.9 miles away); Tennille (approx. 3.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Sandersville.
Regarding Old City Cemetery. National Register of Historic Places:
City Cemetery (added 1987 - - #87001296)
Also known as Old City Cemetery
W. Church, Cemetery, and Haynes Sts. , Sandersville
Historic Significance: Information Potential, Architecture/Engineering
Area of Significance:
Cultural Affiliation: American
Period of Significance: 1925-1949, 1900-1924, 1875-1899, 1850-1874, 1825-1849
Historic Function: Funerary
Historic Sub-function: Cemetery
Current Function: Funerary
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 689 times since then and 62 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.