Sandersville in Washington County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Rev. J. D. Anthony
—1824 ~ 1899 —
Erected by Sandersville United Methodist Church and South Georgia Commission on Archives and History. (Marker Number 11.)
Location. 32° 58.909′ N, 82° 48.859′ W. Marker is in Sandersville, Georgia, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of Virginia Avenue and West Church Street (Georgia Route 24), on the right when traveling south on Virginia Avenue. Click for map. The marker is in the Old City Cemetery, just inside the fence on Virginia Avenue. Marker is in this post office area: Sandersville GA 31082, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies Old City Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Masonic Temple (approx. 0.2 miles away); Governor Thomas W. Hardwick (approx. 0.2 miles away); Saunder’s Store (approx. 0.2 miles away); Washington County Courthouse (approx. ¼ mile away); Jefferson Davis (approx. half a mile away); The March to the Sea (approx. 1.9 miles away); Tennille (approx. 3.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Sandersville.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches, Etc. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 668 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.