Lebanon in Warren County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
On May 20, 1877 the Lebanon National Bank was certified by the Treasury Dept. Its new 10-ton safe came by rail to Corwin, Ohio. Eight oxen were needed to haul it the 10 miles to the bank's location at what is now 2 N. Broadway. In 1907 this 3-story structure, built in the Neoclassical style, became the bank's new home.
(continued on other side)
(continued from other side)
The Citizens National Bank of Lebanon opened for business on February 21, 1890 in one of the rooms in The Lebanon House (The Golden Lamb). It moved three doors north later that year to a building known as “Maplewood Block.” On December 12, 1925 the two banks merged, forming The Lebanon-Citizens National Bank.
Erected by Lebanon Rotary Club.
Location. 39° 26.071′ N, 84° 12.486′ W. Marker is in Lebanon, Ohio, in Warren County. Marker is at the intersection of Broadway (U.S. 42) and Mulberry Street, on the right when traveling north on Broadway. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2 N. Broadway, Lebanon OH 45036, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Village Ice Cream Parlor (within shouting distance of this marker); The Town Square / City Hall Site (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); I.O.O.F. Temple (about 500 feet away); The Town Plat / The Tharp House (about 500 feet away); Christmas Tree Park (about 500 feet away); Lebanon Library / Harmon Hall (about 600 feet away); The Lewis House (about 700 feet away); Ferguson House (about 800 feet away). Click for a list of all markers in Lebanon.
Also see . . . History of LCNB. (Submitted on November 24, 2009, by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page has been viewed 597 times since then and 70 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by William Fischer, Jr. of Fort Scott, Kansas. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.