Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Monroe in Orange County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

First Church

 
 
First Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Clifton Patrick, November 28, 2009
1. First Church Marker
Inscription. Presbyterian Meeting House 1783. Land gift of Daniel Miller. First Pastor Silas Constant. Last service 1853 Rev. Danile Niles Freeland.
 
Erected by Monroe Historical Society.
 
Location. 41° 19.518′ N, 74° 10.44′ W. Marker is in Monroe, New York, in Orange County. Marker is on Spring Street (County Route 105) 0.2 miles from Freeland Street (County Route 40), on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 404 Spring Street, Monroe NY 10950, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. American Heroes (approx. 0.6 miles away); Monroe Race Track (approx. 0.6 miles away); Methodist Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); McGarrah’s Inn (approx. 0.7 miles away); First Settler (approx. 0.7 miles away but has been reported missing); Monroe Cheese Co. (approx. ľ mile away); Village of Monroe (approx. 0.8 miles away); Monroe School (approx. 0.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Monroe.
 
Also see . . .  Presbyterian Church of Monroe history. (Submitted on December 4, 2009, by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States.)
 
Categories. Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches, Etc.Colonial Era
 
Seamanville Cemetery entrance. image. Click for full size.
By Clifton Patrick, November 28, 2009
2. Seamanville Cemetery entrance.
Millstone image. Click for full size.
By Clifton Patrick, November 28, 2009
3. Millstone
This millstone was given in Memory of Frank C. Faber by his Family It came from the mill of Daniel Miller who, in 1783, danated land for a meeting house and burial ground. This land was the site of the original Presbyterian Church of Monroe and is now the Historical Section of Seamanville Cemetery.
Central plaza in Seamanville Cemetery, site of 1783 Presbyterian Meeting House. image. Click for full size.
By Clifton Patrick, November 28, 2009
4. Central plaza in Seamanville Cemetery, site of 1783 Presbyterian Meeting House.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States. This page has been viewed 605 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement