Near Aberdeen in Harford County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
State Of Maryland
Erected by Maryland Historical Society.
Location. 39° 29.849′ N, 76° 13.963′ W. Marker is near Aberdeen, Maryland, in Harford County. Marker can be reached from John F. Kennedy Memorial Highway (Interstate 95) north of Maryland Route 543, in the median. Click for map. At the Maryland House highway rest stop in the median. Marker is in this post office area: Aberdeen MD 21001, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Colony Of Maryland (within shouting distance of this marker); "O! say can you see..." (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Explore the Chesapeake (about 400 feet away); Sophia’s Dairy (approx. 1.8 miles away); Spesutia Church (approx. 2.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Aberdeen.
Also see . . .
Maryland State Archives. (Submitted on January 14, 2006.)
2. The Star Spangled Banner. (Submitted on January 14, 2006.)
3. State Song. "Maryland, My Maryland", by James Ryder Randall (1839-1908) (Submitted on January 14, 2006.)
4. The National Road. (Submitted on January 14, 2006.)
5. The Birthplace of the American Railroad. (Submitted on January 14, 2006.)
6. Telegraph History. (Submitted on January 14, 2006.)
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,898 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on . 2. submitted on , by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. 3. submitted on . This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.