Leander in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Leander, founded 1882 when railroad bypassed Bagdad, shares use of this tract, enlarged in 1959 and 1966.
Erected 1972 by the Texas Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 9030.)
Location. 30° 34.625′ N, 97° 52.23′ W. Marker is in Leander, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on Ranch to Market Road 2243 west of Bagdad Road (County Road 278). Click for map. Cemetery is at the corner of W FM-2243 at Bagdad Rd (CR-278). Marker is in this post office area: Leander TX 78641, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Heinatz Homestead (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Pickle-Mason House (approx. 0.6 miles away); A. S. Mason House (approx. ¾ mile away); Leander Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.9 miles away); Leander United Methodist Church (approx. 0.9 miles away); Leander Schools (approx. one mile away); Webster Massacre (approx. 1.1 miles away); Leander (approx. 1.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Leander.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,436 times since then and 5 times this year. Last updated on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 2, 3. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?