Leander in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of a Block House
Erected 1936. (Marker Number 9033.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 30° 32.568′ N, 97° 50.373′ W. Marker is in Leander, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is at the intersection of Block House Drive and North Bell Boulevard, in the median on Block House Drive. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Leander TX 78641, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. New Hope First Baptist Church and Cemetery (approx. ĺ mile away); Cedar Park (approx. 1.8 miles away); Norton Moses Lodge No. 336, A.F. & A.M. (approx. 1.9 miles away); A. S. Mason House (approx. 2.3 miles away); Leander Schools (approx. 2.3 miles away); Webster Massacre (approx. 2.5 miles away); Leander (approx. 2.5 miles away); Leanderthal Lady (approx. 2.5 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Leander.
Also see . . . Tumlinson Fort. Handbook of Texas Online. (Submitted on October 10, 2013, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 907 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 2. submitted on , by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.