Near Sharon in Taliaferro County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Ray’s Place – Now Raytown
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 131-8.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 34.16′ N, 82° 45.153′ W. Marker is near Sharon, Georgia, in Taliaferro County. Marker is at the intersection of Lumburg Sharon Road (County Route 79) and Double Wells Road (County Route 21), on the right when traveling east on Lumburg Sharon Road. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sharon GA 30664, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Raytown Methodist Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Robert Grier, Astronomer (approx. 0.7 miles away); Grave of Brig. Gen. Aaron W. Grier (approx. ľ mile away); The Church of the Purification Locust Grove Academy (approx. 2.4 miles away); South Liberty Presbyterian Church (approx. 2.6 miles away); Site of Chivers Plantation and Store (approx. 5.4 miles away); Birthplace of Alexander Hamilton Stephens (approx. 6.7 miles away); The Original R.F.D. (approx. 7.9 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Sharon.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 770 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.