Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Andice in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Site of Loafer's Glory Apostolic Church

 
 
Site of Loafer's Glory Apostolic Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson
1. Site of Loafer's Glory Apostolic Church Marker
Inscription. Loafer’s Glory Apostolic Church was organized in 1908 after Wesleyan Holiness preacher George Sutton conducted a revival at Loafer’s Glory School on Wilson Atwood’s farm. Beginning in 1909, evangelist Fred Lohmann served as minister and conducted tent revivals that drew hundreds of people. A small frame sanctuary was erected about 1910 on land donated by Jim Moore, who led the congregation until his death in 1917. Many ministers and missionaries originated from Loafer’s Glory Church, which continued services under several leaders until 1930.
 
Erected 1994 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9293.)
 
Location. 30° 44.448′ N, 97° 53.844′ W. Marker is near Andice, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of County Road 207 and County Road 202. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Liberty Hill TX 78642, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Williams-Buck Cemetery (approx. one mile away); Site of Concord School (approx. 2.3 miles away); Connell Cemetery (approx. 2.8 miles away); Rock House Community (approx. 2.9 miles away); Gabriel Mills (approx. 3.1 miles away); Andice Baptist Church (approx. 3.8 miles away); Fore Cemetery (approx. 4.4 miles away); Smart-McCormick Home (approx. 4.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Andice.
 
Also see . . .
1. Loafer’s Glory Historical Landmark Application. This application gives a detailed history of the Church and its leaders. (Submitted on December 13, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.) 

2. Loafer's Glory Apostolic Church. This Williamson County Historical Commission web page quotes the text on the marker and displays a wide area view of the marker and its site. (Submitted on December 13, 2009, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.) 
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 851 times since then and 3 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide area view of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement