Near Tignall in Wilkes County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Fishing Creek Baptist Church
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 157-26.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 50.25′ N, 82° 41.6′ W. Marker is near Tignall, Georgia, in Wilkes County. Marker is on Sandtown Road 0.3 miles west of Danburg Road (Georgia Route 44), on the left when traveling west. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tignall GA 30668, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Court North of Augusta (approx. 0.3 miles away); Heard's Fort (approx. one mile away); Independence United Methodist Church (approx. 3.7 miles Walnut Hill Academy (approx. 4.9 miles away); The Rev. John Springer (approx. 4.9 miles away); The Cedars (approx. 7.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Ordination in Georgia (approx. 7.2 miles away); Site of Presbyterian Poplar (approx. 7.2 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Tignall.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 759 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2. submitted on , by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on , by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.