U.S. Army Garrison, Picatinny Arsenal in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by U.S. Army.
Location. 40° 56.418′ N, 74° 33.912′ W. Marker is in U.S. Army Garrison, Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is at the intersection of Farley Avenue and Parker Road, on the right when traveling west on Farley Avenue. Click for map. Historical Marker located on Federal property. Visitor Pass required from person of contact at Picatinny Arsenal to view historic marker(s). Marker is in this post office area: Picatinny Arsenal NJ 07806, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Administration and Research Historic District (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Administration and Research Historic District (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Cannon Gate (approx. 0.4 miles away); Walton Burial Ground (approx. ¾ mile away); 600 Ordnance Testing Area Historic District (1928-1948) (approx. 0.9 miles away); Ford – Faesch Manor House - 1768 (approx. 1.4 miles away); Naval Commander's Home (approx. 1.6 miles away); The Babbit-Mathews House (approx. 1.6 miles away).
Categories. • Colonial Era • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Jason Huggan of Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 830 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on , by Jason Huggan of Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.