Austin in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
House constructed of Bastrop pine, in Louisiana Bayou style.
Furnishings include several pieces once owned by Saligny.
Purchased by State of Texas in 1945. Placed in custody of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas, who restored the house and maintain the property.
Erected 1967 by the State Historical Survey Commission. (Marker Number 14828.)
Location. 30° 15.994′ N, 97° 43.893′ W. Marker is in Austin, Texas, in Travis County. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 802 San Marcos St, Austin TX 78701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. French Embassy (a few steps from this marker); Ebenezer (Third) Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Stuart Female Seminary (approx. ¼ mile away); John Litton (approx. ¼ mile away); Willis Avery (approx. ¼ mile away); Dr. George Moffit Patrick (approx. ¼ mile away); Richard Ellis (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Austin.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 574 times since then and 81 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on October 5, 2016.