Manor in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
City of Manor
In 1871 James Manor donated right of way for the Houston & Texas Central Railroad. The town founded and named for him in 1872 was incorporated in 1913.
Cotton, king here for years, has been supplanted by cattle raising as base for the local economy.
Location. 30° 20.453′ N, 97° 33.399′ W. Marker is in Manor, Texas, in Travis County. Marker is at the intersection of E. Parsons St. and S. Burnet St., on the right when traveling north on E. Parsons St.. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Manor TX 78653, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bloor House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Decker Swedish Evangelical Free Church and Cemetery (approx. 2.9 miles away); Decker United Methodist Church and Community (approx. 4.2 miles away); Lockwood Cemetery (approx. 5.1 miles away); Barr Mansion (approx. 5.5 miles away); St. John Church (approx. 5.9 miles away); Kimbro (approx. 6 miles away); New Sweden Evangelical Lutheran Church (approx. 6.1 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Manor.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 577 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide view photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?