Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Pflugerville in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church

 
 
Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, July 29, 2007
1. Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church Marker
Inscription. Circuit riders began in 1852 to hold religious services in this area. In 1869, the Texas Synod of the Lutheran church sent Pastor F. Ernst to preach to the local Lutherans, and on May 31, 1874, a congregational constitution was adopted under the guidance of Pastor F. Jesse. William Bohls, a prominent landowner, donated five acres of land for a church building and cemetery. On June 20, 1875, a spired frame sanctuary was dedicated. A brick edifice was built in 1909, and after it burned in 1928, this structure was erected.
 
Erected 1974 by the Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 15519.)
 
Location. 30° 25.851′ N, 97° 36.786′ W. Marker is in Pflugerville, Texas, in Travis County. Click for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 500 Immanuel Rd, Pflugerville TX 78660, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bohls House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Pflugerville (approx. 0.9 miles away); Evangelical Lutheran Church of Dessau (approx. 2.6 miles away); The Gault Homestead (approx. 4 miles away); St. John Church (approx.
Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church image. Click for full size.
By Keith Peterson, July 29, 2007
2. Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church
4.8 miles away); Walnut Creek Baptist Church (approx. 4.8 miles away); Merrilltown Cemetery (approx. 5.1 miles away); Bratton Cemetery (approx. 5.3 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Pflugerville.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
 
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 582 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on , by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.
Paid Advertisement