Lexington in Oglethorpe County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Beth-Salem Presbyterian Church
Later, Beth-Salem was moved to the present site, and on December 20, 1827, was chartered by the Legislature.
Charter members were: William Campbell, David McLaughlin, William Lesley, Samuel McCauley, John Pharr, John F. Wallace, Joseph Espey, Mrs. Marion Greer, Mrs. Jane Jewell, Mrs. Jane Campbell, Sam McLaughlin, Mrs. Lesley, Mary Espey, Ann Gaulding, Damary Baldwin, Hannah Upson, Sarah Walley, Martha Gilham, Sarah Moore, Mrs. Mary Kennedy, Miss Maria Harrison, The Rev. Thomas Goulding.
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 109-6.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 33° 52.206′ N, 83° 6.528′ W. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lexington GA 30648, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Meson Academy (within shouting distance of this marker); Oglethorpe County (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); James T. Rayle Post No. 123 Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Oglethorpe County Veterans Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gen. James Edward Oglethorpe (approx. 0.2 miles away); Governor Gilmer’s Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); Oglethorpe County Confederate Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wm H Crawford (approx. 2.8 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Lexington.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 826 times since then and 76 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.