Johnsonburg in Warren County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Trading, stagecoach stop, early farming and milling settlement.
Known in 1753 as Logg Gaol, First Seat of Sussex Co.
New Jersey & National Historic Place designation achieved in 1991.
Location. 40° 57.741′ N, 74° 52.634′ W. Marker is in Johnsonburg, New Jersey, in Warren County. Marker is on Allamuchy Road (County Road 612) 0.1 miles north of Johnsonburg Bypass Road (County Road 519), on the right when traveling north. Click for map. Marker is opposite the old cemetery, close by Johnsonburg. Marker is in this post office area: Johnsonburg NJ 07846, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Logg Gaol (approx. 0.2 miles away); Yellow Frame Presbyterian Church (approx. 2.5 miles away); First Presbyterian Church of Blairstown (approx. 4.5 miles away); Simeon Cook Residence (approx. 4.5 miles away); Dr. John C. Johnson Residence (approx. 4.5 miles away); Flatiron Building (approx. 4.5 miles away); The Mill (approx. 4.6 miles away); The Water Works (approx. 4.6 miles away).
Regarding Johnsonburg. Warren County was incorporated on November 20, 1824 from portions of Sussex County. Logg Gaol, or Johnsonburg, is in the part that became Warren County.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Dorine Ruth Emery of Washington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 891 times since then and 6 times this year. Last updated on , by Dorine Ruth Emery of Washington, New Jersey. Photo 1. submitted on , by Dorine Ruth Emery of Washington, New Jersey. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.