Jefferson in Jackson County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 078-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 7.11′ N, 83° 34.458′ W. Marker is in Jefferson, Georgia, in Jackson County. Marker is on Washington Street (Georgia Route 11) 0.1 miles north of Sycamore Street (Georgia Route 82), on the right when traveling south. Click for map. The marker is located at the Jackson County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Jefferson GA 30549, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies Builder of the Nation (approx. 0.7 miles away); Jackson Trail (approx. 4 miles away); Antioch United Methodist Church (approx. 8.3 miles away); Home of Governor L.G. Hardman (approx. 8.9 miles away); William Pentecost (approx. 9.4 miles away); Rockwell Universalist Church (approx. 9.6 miles away); Statham House (approx. 10.7 miles away); Statham High School (approx. 10.7 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Jefferson.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Government • Patriots & Patriotism •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 730 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. 2, 3. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.