Milford in New Haven County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
King’s Bridge - 1711
Peacocke Lane (Maple Street)
to Governor’s Lane (Avenue)
Freelove Baldwin Stow Chapter
July 4, 1962
Erected 1962 by Freelove Baldwin Stow Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 13.73′ N, 73° 3.468′ W. Marker is in Milford, Connecticut, in New Haven County. Marker is on Maple Street 0.1 miles west of North Street, on the right when traveling west. Click for map. Located on the north wall on the bridge. Marker is in this post office area: Milford CT 06460, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Milestone (within shouting distance of this marker); Home Site of Robert Treat (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First Meeting House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Early Post Office Site (approx. 0.2 miles away); A Connecticut Minuteman’s Homestead (approx. 0.2 miles away); Milford Remembers Memorial to Three Milford Men (approx. ¼ mile away); Jefferson Bridge (approx. ¼ mile away). Click for a list of all markers in Milford.
Regarding King’s Bridge. The bridge spans the Wepewaug River as it flows from the Duck Pond at the southern end of the North Street Green.
Categories. • Bridges & Viaducts • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 771 times since then and 73 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on , by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.