Near Carnesville in Franklin County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Poplar Springs Methodist Camp Ground
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 059-5.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 20.183′ N, 83° 9.063′ W. Marker is near Carnesville, Georgia, in Franklin County. Marker is on New Franklin Church Road (Georgia Route 327) 0.3 miles north of Casey Road, on the right when traveling south. Click for map. Marker is in this post office area: Carnesville GA 30521, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Carrollís Methodist Church (approx. Double Branches Baptist Church (approx. 2.7 miles away); a different marker also named Carroll's Methodist Church (approx. 3.6 miles away); Historical Franklin Springs (approx. 3.7 miles away); Original Site and Portions (approx. 3.7 miles away); a different marker also named Historical Franklin Springs (approx. 3.8 miles away); The Franklin Springs (approx. 3.9 miles away); Tyrus Raymond Cobb (approx. 4 miles away). Click for a list of all markers in Carnesville.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page originally submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,387 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on , by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016.